Wednesday, October 28, 2015

#LiveFromSandals Day 3

Day three, Day three... The START of our broacast!! I packed my bag up with all of the essentials, Laptop, Go Pro, 2nd Waterproof Camera, iPhone, cables, folders, live copy read, pen, schedule... DJ's pack super light. Headed downstairs to broadcast central and started the day. Good news, everything was working. Dave didn't manage to break things back home. Yay! So proud.

We had a great first show. I was able to chat with Desmond, Sheldon and Sheena- One of the chefs, bar managers and restaurant managers here at Sandals Barbados. Desmond told me not to worry about all the great food that I'm eating- he promises that all the pounds fall off as soon as I step off the plane back home. Sheldon told me the secret to delicious Barbados rum punch is the Barbados water that they use ;) One thing that I've noticed about the great staff here at Sandals Barbados is that not only are they all super nice and happy, they all truly love what they do. They are really passionate in their craft and it really shows in the great work that they do.



I also had the pleasure to chat with the very lovely Marissa who works at the Red Lane Spa here at Sandals Barbados. What a better way to relax while you are on your vacation than with getting the Spa treatment. Thanks to all of you for keeping up with all of my social media posts, I'll be visiting Marissa a little later today to get a facial!! YES! I won the social media contest against the other radio stations here. Whoop Whoop! Thanks guys!! One of my new radio friends, Mimi, stopped in for a pedicure yesterday. If you're here celebrating something with your spouse, don't forget to sign up for a couples massage!

<--- It was a little humid on our first broadcast day. Don't mind that sweaty, melting mess that is standing next to the beautiful Marissa.


After the broadcast, we headed over to the Mariner and Dino's for some lunch. Me a burger with Curly fries and Nate a pepperoni pizza. We set up shop at a table on the beach and enjoyed. After waiting the appropriate 30 minute myth, we headed over to our favorite pool. The pool where the swim up rooms are is certainly for those that are looking for quiet, peaceful, alone time. You can float around on one of the Sandals rafts or just swim around solo. There is a small bar by this pool that you can grab a drink at, or we had one of the staff members find us in the pool and ask if we needed anything. Floating around this pool has been a fun fun time and I can really see where getting a swim up room would be perfect for the couple that is looking to get that private time in.

After getting some good float time in, I had to get all cleaned up to check out the Robert Mondavi wine tasting party. I watched a video on Robert Mondavi and saw how his wines were selected to be apart of the Sandals company. You can only get his Twin Oaks signature wines at Sandals Resorts. My favorite is the Cabernet Sauvignon, def my drink of the trip.

After dinner, I met with my husband over at Soy, where he was getting a Sushi appetizer before our dinner at Bombay. That's the great thing about Soy; I've noticed a lot of people heading over there to start their nights and then move on to another restaurant after. There's also the option to keep ordering more and more sushi to try and get full on that. We left from Soy and went to Bombay, Sandals Resorts first and only Indian Restaurant. Now, my husband loves the spicy food. Me on the other hand, I like super mild. Sandals Barbados has been EXCELLENT with making food that is perfect for my dietary needs as well as for my "Lisa is a big fat ole weenie" needs. Have I ever mentioned that bread is my enemy? I could eat bread all day, every day- and call it a day. I started my meal at Bombay with a shrimp appetizer and Naan.     Oh em gee... the NAAN (bread) was to die for! Literally, I want Naan to be part of my last meal. That stuff was the real deal. YUM! When the main dishes came, they lit candles in canisters and set the food on top of the canisters. Nate had mutton and I had the Butter chicken dish. All of it was great!! I was so full that I couldn't fit any extra in for dessert. 





We went for a little walk around the resort after dinner, cause Fat. I needed to walk off that big dinner! We new the big Carnivale show was going to start on the beach around 8pm, so we headed over there. We didn't realize just how big this show was! They had buffet tables set up everywhere, with tables all on the beach. They had a really pretty set up with a couple of the hobbie cats and canoes with food in them. We decided to sit back at Schooners Seafood Grill (Which was closed on Monday) and enjoy the show from there. It was great to see the whole crowd get involved with dancing and a conga line. There was a juggler and "Dragon Man" as well, who was rubbing fire all over his body!! And I mean ALL OVER! YIKES!! After a long day of fun, this is where we ended our evening. It was time to get some rest so we could have a great broadcast day 2.  Remember to check out www.kstarcountry.com to win your own 4 day/ 3 night Luxury Included vacation for 2 to any Sandals Resorts, with round trip coach airfare on American Airlines.







1 comment: