Monday, October 26, 2015

#LIVEFromSandals Day One


 The morning started pretty early for us, a 2:30am shuttle ride from Lone Star Executive Limousine to the airport for a 5am flight to Miami. When you have to leave at 2:30am, do you sleep or do you just power through? Since I love sleep, I opted to get 3 hours of good nights rest.

"Hey! Let's get Breakfast at the airport," I said. Ha. I'm so silly. You know what's open at the airport at 3am... nothing.  Really, nothing. Luckily I carry a "mom bag," you know- a bag that has everything you need. Crackers, band-aids, tylenol, pepper spray, duct tape... the essentials; I was able to eat a healthy cracker breakfast.

At 5am, we were off to Miami. Nothing too exciting here. A very nice man switched seats with me so that I could sit next to Nate. Later that nice man woke me up snoring! Ha. One of my fears. I don't want to be the person snoring or drooling. My husband got a great pic of me sleeping, mouth wide open and all. I'm a sexy sleeper.

We landed in Miami and finally sat down to eat a good breakfast. While in Miami, I couldn't quit singing The Will Smith Miami song. Over and Over and Over again. To the point where I made Nate listen to it... and then did a dub smash. Ya know, airport layover killing time stuff. You can find the  dubsmash on my instagram.


FINALLY, around 2pm (EST time) we landed in Barbados. Let me tell you, the first thing that I experienced were the friendliest people. We checked in with the Sandals desk who took us over to our shuttle. We had a fun, short (maybe 15 mins) ride to Sandals. It was entertaining and fun to see our driver drive "On the wrong side of the road" ;) Also, if you're a fan of The Funny Farm, you know what a "Whoopty-Doop" is (Roundabout). They have several here. I could just hear the words Brave Dave would be saying.

We arrived to Sandals employees singing to us "Welcome to Sandals"- what a wonderful welcome. We had a VIP check-in, went to our rooms, took pictures and squealed with excitement. We then met back up with our crew and toured the whole property.





Did you know Sandals has Love Nest Suites? Also butler suites? They are AMAZING! What a perfect way to celebrate that special occasion.









We had a nice reception soon after our tour to get to mingle with some of our other radio guests here at Sandals Barbados. During our reception, some of the great entertainers came out to dance for us. They were superb. I wish I could move like that! One of the guys told me about the show that would be taking place at 9pm, so I made a mental note not to miss it.








After our reception, I had time to throw on a nice dress, pull my hair back and throw on some heels. We were heading to the only restaurant where "Resort Evening Attire" is required- Butch's Chophouse. Butch's is a traditional steakhouse. It was very nice, not something that I was expecting at a resort. Not only was it very nice on the inside, it was very romantic and the food was delicious. This Texan gives Butch's an A+++++ . We enjoyed the Mondavi Cabernet Sauvignon with our meal and just had a romantic evening talking to each other over our meal. While sitting and talking after dinner, we noticed men dressed like monkey's rolling around outside. We then noticed that the show was about to start. We walked out and found a table up front to enjoy the show. The host was grabbing participants from the audience to learn to dance to "Sexy Dark Chocolate." Let me say, she could MOVE. Girl had some dance moves. It was all good fun and all the guests enjoyed every bit. There were smiles from ear to ear everywhere. We saw men perform on stilts, a limbo contest and much more. I smiled and smiled all day- see my husbands instagram for proof of that. 










Day one in the bag. It was an amazing start to our Live From Sandals Broadcast. Leaving Paradise is going to be hard. Check out www.kstarcountry.com to find out how you can win your own Luxury Included Vacation from Sandals.

No comments:

Post a Comment